I would like to thank Mrs. Spike at http://mrsspike.com/ for nominating me for the Liebster Award!
11 Questions. 11 Answers. Here are the questions for her nominees:
1. Who would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?
If I was stranded on a deserted island I would definitely want to be with my slightly younger cousin Vince. Although he is only 18 (I think?), he has a lot of real world experience, is very smart in dangerous situations, and is very trustworthy. Also, he is now a marine. I have complete trust and faith in him and I am so proud.
2. If you could do anything you wanted right now, what would it be?
You know, it is kind of sad, but I actually can’t think of anything because I’m too depressed at the moment. I would live happily, if possible.
3. If money was no object, what would you do all day?
I would definitely do three things. I would read (because I absolutely adore to read novels), write (journal, poems, blog), and do art (oils, pastels, pencil, acrylic, watercolor… anything really!).
4. Where do you most want to travel, but have never been?
I most want to travel to Ireland. It’s supposedly absolutely breathtaking. Also, my family is part Irish, and it would be really cool just to go there.
5. What is your favorite book?
To paraphrase the movie Ever After: I could no sooner pick a star in the heavens.
6. What is your biggest success up until now?
My biggest success is graduating college. It’s a huge success for me because I battled through my severe depression and finally made it!
7. What does your perfect day look like?
My perfect day involves me waking up at a reasonable time, not feeling super depressed, being able to hang out with good friends, good food, and good books… and maybe art, too.
8. What is the one thing that should be taught in school that isn’t already?
A comprehensive education of mental health and illnesses, including warning signs and what to do if you think you, or someone you know is suffering. I cannot stress how important this is! It would help de-stigmatize mental illness and save lives.
9. If you were to create a piece of art, what would the subject be?
The subject of the art that I do (and art I would create) sometimes reflects my thoughts and feelings about depression and the effect it has on life.
10. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
I would travel to the beginning of 2011 so I could spend more quality time with my brother-in-law, who passed away on July 15, 2011.
11. How would your friends describe you?
My friends would probably describe me as quiet, smart, kind, and a little silly once you get to know me.
My 11 questions for the nominees:
- What is one thing that you really like about yourself?
- Who is one person that you admire and look up to?
- If you could meet one person in the entire world, who would it be?
- Who is your favorite t.v. or social media personality? Why?
- What is your favorite food to eat?
- What is your favorite food to make? (Yes, this is a different question than number 5.)
- What color best fits your personality? Why?
- If you had to write a poem, what would the subject be? What would the last line be?
- What is your number one goal in life right now?
- What is the hardest lesson you have ever had to learn?
- What is one piece of advice you would give to your younger self?
Liebster Award Rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions that they set.
- Nominate others with less than 200 followers.
- Let them know about the nomination and the questions.